Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Les Has Spoken

Houston Rockets owner Les Alexander said today, "I don’t think we’re going to part ways with Tracy. Everybody wants us to. We acquired a great superstar and everybody wants us to trade the great superstar. You don’t get superstars that often."

I've never been a huge fan of Les Alexander, though I freely admit that he has brought more success and stability to the Rockets than any owner in their history. That should be the criteria by which an owner is judged, but Les has always seemed like a New Jersey carpetbagger to me. I know that is a totally unjustified feeling, but you have to remember that I was twelve before I learned that damn and yankee were two separate words.

OK, Les, you've earned some slack. I'll try to shut up about McGrady.

No comments: