Monday, February 23, 2009

It's official - T-Mac is Out for the Season

The announcement came through today, both from the organization and from Tracy himself. He will be having micro-fracture surgery tomorrow. Following the news, McGrady went on to say (from http://www.t-mac.com/):

"I would like to apologize to Les Alexander, the Rockets organization, and of course all the fans out there for this entire situation. Les and the Rockets have been nothing short of amazing to me and my family during my entire time with them, and for that I thank them. The organization has invested so much in bringing a championship to Houston this season, and there’s nothing I want more than to be a part of that."

The apparently sincere apology included his promise to be diligent in his rehab so he can return asap. The surgery is chancy, but it's on a non-load bearing part of the knee, so his odds of success are pretty good. So I don't know about you, but I say give him the benefit of the doubt, wish him well and hope he comes back healthy next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, good luck to him.