Thursday, April 23, 2009

Stealing Home (Court)

I hate that I was right about the second game, though the game was a little higher scoring than I thought it would be. Actually, I was only right in concept. I thought that the Rockets would get a split in Portland, but I believed the Blazers would come out strong in game one and the Rockets would take game two. So when the Rockets blew out the Blazers in game one, I had to stick with my original prediction of a split and predict a loss in game two. Like the Rockets, I'm 1-1.

Still, Houston has to be happy to welcome home the Rockets, having regained the home court advantage they lost in Dallas last week. The happiness must be tempered with concern for the ease with which the Trailblazers adapted to Yao's excellent post play in game one. In game two, they fronted Yao with Greg Oden, among others, and limited him to only 6 shots. But the Rocket's biggest problem was not offense. They still shot 50% from the field. The problem was that the Blazers found their offense and shot even better. No one was able to stop Lamarcus Aldrige and Brandon Roy. Even Luis Scola was uncharacteristically ineffective. But it was only one game. The Rockets still come home with the odds on their side.

No comments: