Monday, February 22, 2010

Two Games Later

My heart is heavy. Mediocrity prevails in Toyota Center and there is little hope on the horizon. I have made several posts this season about how much I enjoyed watching the team because of the heart with which they played. I complimented Morey and Adelman for the manner in which they handled the team and Alexander for his leadership. I was positively giddy with anticipation for next season with Yao returning and high hopes for signing a serious impact player to put the Rockets over the top.

Now next season looks like the last ten. The Rockets will put a winning team on the floor, but will not have the hungry world-beater that can forge a championship with his will. Morey, Alexander and Adelman have proven themselves to be impatient and short-sighted. This "new" team is no better than the one with Carl Landry, but now they are stuck with what they have.

I have been a loyal Rockets fan through thick and thin. That won't change. Still, I can help feeling sad for what could have been.

No comments: