Monday, September 28, 2009

And We're Off!

I love this day. Media Day is the day before training camp starts. Everybody looks great, everybody has an excellent chance to make the team and everybody loves everybody else. The Rockets have a great nucleus, outstanding young prospects and they're going to win many games by running more this year.

I'll come down and be realistic later. Let me enjoy this euphoria. I love basketball.

One interesting note, the Rockets will be the first team in NBA history to spend some of their training camp with their minor league affiliate, the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. Sandwiched around their first pre-season game in San Antonio on October 6th, they'll practice in McAllen on the 4th and 5th and play a game there against the Celtics in Dodge Arena on Wednesday, the 7th. I wish I could make the trip, that would be fun!

No comments: